Wow! We kind of feel like we have been in a whirlwind, we had a wonderful Christmas, our trip with the youth aka our 16+ children?, and now today is New Year’s Eve and tomorrow is the beginning of a new year!
It’s hard to believe tomorrow is the beginning of a new year! However, I am so excited about it, I have never been this excited. I sometimes approach this time of year with regret and dread. Not this year, and I think the reason why is because of my changing perspective. I am living each day as the first of January. What I mean by that is that I am treating each day as a fresh start. I leave yesterday in the past and tomorrow in the future and simply live for the day.
I have stop putting things off, if I want something I start working for it immediately. I have been seeing a lot of good ideas about ways to start the new year, the main idea is just to do it. Don’t make any excuses, just do it! They say it takes 21 days to start a new habit, add some new joy to your life in 2017! If you think about how fast this last year has gone, 21 days will literally be here in a snap.
Some of my life goals for this year are to:
- Love first, I want to love the unloveable, I want to be there for people who need me, I want to share the love that Jesus shared with the world to everyone that I come into contact with.
- Judge no one, this is hard, I have been trying really hard at this. I try to cast no judgement on anyone, it is simply not my place.
- NO gossip, shew this one is hard. It is so important, I have been doing decently with this, I remind myself that by doing my best I will only strengthen my efforts. I find that I do better with strangers and friends, but oddly enough hold my family to a different standard, I still say things I shouldn’t so I am definitely going to do better .
- Offer grace and forgiveness, we are called to do this. Simply stated, if we want to be forgiven and I think we each require it daily then we must give to others what we want to receive ourselves.
- Give generously, I love giving and sharing with others. I read something earlier that challenged me to give 3 types of generous acts of kindness daily, I can’t wait to start this with my crew. (I think the boys will have fun searching ways to help others.)
- Offer patience, I am definitely a work in progress in this area, I am learning and doing better each day.
- Spend time daily in God’s word, just try this, it makes each of the things I just listed do-able. This is what keeps me sane and I’m going to strive to keep this up and grow and learn more each day.
These are just a few things that I have started and want to keep going into 2017! I don’t want it to be something that fizzles out, I am going to incorporate each virtue into my daily life. I encourage you to make attainable goals for yourself. Dig deep, spend time praying and seeking what God wants for you in this upcoming year!
Let’s begin a work to change a generation to live, to turn from turmoil, drama and hatred to love and forgiveness. Let’s hold no records of wrongs. Over the last three days we spent with our youth, I encouraged them to search within themselves to discover who they were, who they really were. Aside from social media, aside from what TV and friends say they should be, but who are they really. Who are they when they are alone in their room, what do they want out of their lives. I think that is important for each of us to do, when we find out what we want and most importantly what God wants, then we chase after it until we achieve it. If we are being obedient and in God’s will the sky is the limit.
Search yourself, discover what makes you happy and do it. Don’t talk about it and plan it to pieces, simply DO!
This crew makes me happy, God sent my own little army of world changers to shape and mold. And that is what I intend to do…
I am going to change this world we live in for the better, I will work hard on it each day. We have a lot of good changes coming about in our country in 2017, this is the year. Wait no longer, don’t put off for tomorrow or next year what is to be done today.
Let’s do this peeps. I’m pumped and glad to have such a great army beside me!